Tuesday, December 27

Introduction

 I'm a college student attending Abilene Christian University studying to become a social worker- hopefully working with an organization that combats human trafficking. My weekends are spent hanging out with my friends at school, going to thrift stores, or working on a new art piece. I set my sights high, and I aim to change the world, I know I can.
 My hobbies include sewing, baking, thrifting, and art. I love finding God's beauty in nature, and art lets me express that. I currently collect vintage cameras, keys, and records from musicals. I love all types of music, and I could never pick a favorite artist or band- the only two types of music I don't like are hardcore and country. I'm a huge bookworm, and I'm currently reading Getting to Maybe, a book about making a difference in the world- although I have a line of books waiting for me to read which also include The Voice in My Heart, Physik, and maybe a textbook or two. I love taking pictures, so I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures not only of my process of getting to Ukraine, but being there as well. I currently use my iPhone first and foremost, because it's so convenient, but I also have a Cannon sx130 IS and an Instax (which is the new version of old polaroids) which I love taking pictures with.

This blog is to follow my journey to Ivankiv, Ukraine. I'll need support and prayers throughout this journey, as it's the first time I've been out of the country for more than a day at a time. I've been to Mexico in the past on a missions trip, but we stayed at a hotel on the US side of the border and drove across the river each day to work before coming back. The trip to Ukraine is 10 weeks at a minimum and the biggest step I've taken in my life thus far. I was introduced to this trip through the World Wide Witness program at ACU, where I had initially applied for Honduras, a trip more closely focused on human trafficking- however, God's will is different for me at this point in my life, and I was shifted to the trip in Ukraine, where I'll be working with Jeremiah's Hope.It's a great organization and I am overjoyed to be paired with them for my summer internship. God is calling me to be a social worker to help people, whether it be in America or overseas, and through this internship, I can begin fulfilling the calling God has placed on my life. Many amazing things have happened in my life thus far, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next!